The public is invited to join us at the Shirley Rod and Gun Club on
Kittredge Rd in Shirley, MA our monthly Egg Shoot! The dates are:
- Saturday, April 27th - 2:00-5:00 PM
- Saturday, May 25th - 2:00-5:00 PM
- Saturday, June 22nd - 2:00-5:00 PM
- Saturday, July 27th - 2:00-5:00 PM
- Saturday, August 24th - 2:00-5:00 PM
- Saturday, September 21st - 2:00-5:00 PM
The ovarian destruction begins at 2:00 PM and lasts until we have a clear winner (usually about two hours).
Click here for a map and detailed driving directions
Here's how it works:
The egg shoots have two rounds. The first round is four shots and consists of one shot each at eggs placed at 50, 75, 100, and 200 yards.
The second round is five shots - one each at 50, 75, and 100 yards, and one shot at each of two eggs at 200 yards. One of the eggs at 200 yards
is stationary, the other is hung from a string.
The winner will be the person that hits the most eggs during the combined two rounds. Any egg that leaks yolk, white, or albumen is considered
a 'hit'. If you graze it and it doesn't leak, you didn't hit it. In the event of a tie, the second round (5 shots at five eggs) will be
repeated until a winner emerges.
We recommend that you bring at least 20 rounds of ammo to complete the course of fire. Please be sure
that your gun is ready to shoot, as we allow no sighters or practice shots before the competition.
The entry fee is $7
Prizes are rewarded for first and second place (adults), and first place (juniors).
- You may use any type of rifle, caliber, and scope.
- You must shoot from the bench with the forestock of the rifle either on the Club-provided shooting bag or on your own bipod. You may not use your own shooting bag or rest.
- The butt of the rifle must be supported 'free hand'. No sand bag or other resting device may be used for the butt of the rifle.
PLEASE NOTE: The rifle and pistol ranges will be closed during this event.
Click here to download a flyer (Word document).